This session provides an overview of key executive functioning skills such as time management, organization, self-regulation, self-monitoring, impulse control, planning, and problem solving. Participants will learn about the impact of executive functioning on school success and daily living. Practical strategies for teaching executive functioning skills will be presented. Emphasis will be placed on how to prioritize the skills to be taught, and how to plan and implement practical instructional strategies.
- Research related to executive functioning skills
- Impact of executive functioning on school performance and daily living
- Assessment, determining which skills need to be taught, prioritizing skills to be taught
- Practical strategies for teaching executive functioning skills
- Task analysis and instructional design related to functional skills
- Graphic organizers and use of technology to support the development of executive functioning skills
Any questions, please contact Mary Ann Reardon at email@example.com or 610-987-8532.